Pagina 3 di 3 PrimaPrima 123
Risultati da 21 a 23 di 23

Discussione: The importance of learning a foreign language.

Maresciallo L'avatar di Zoppo

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da soccorritore Visualizza Messaggio
    In my opinion the only way to improve your skills is living for a period abroad. For example, when I was a teenager, I spent a month both in 1996 and 1997 in Dublin with a typical irish family. In that way you've to speak their language to survive and having nice spare time all together. Grammar knowledge is important but conversation is important as well (maybe more). You can improve your conversation' skills only living abroad.

Of course we've not to forget importance of a IT knowledge. Nowadays the Net is growing more and more and you should properly use its main instruments.
    I passed one month too in Dublin but I learned nothing because in August, the 95% of habitants came from Italy and Spain, my motherthongs.
    On the otherside, during a month, I ate just boiled potatoes and steamed rice. Any meat, fish or wine. Ok, I can understand they don't know what pasta al forno is, especially if with small peaces of liver, boiled eggs, mushrooms, meat souce and small pieces of smoked scamorza, ok, don't worry, but why only potatoes? Why never fish? At the end it is an island! Why I never ate a nice atlantic merluzzo (cod if I'm not wrong) steamed in the hoven with garlic, pachino's tomatoes, algs, musles and safran? Why I never ate a fatty fish on the grill? A fish-soup? Why only boiled potatoes? OK they have a lot of potatoes and we must eat them, ok, but why only boiled and never turned in gnocchi al pesto, or into the hoven with porcini, or fried with eggs like into a Spanish tortilla, or fried and covered of jamòn serrano? Why only boiled potatoes? Look, my wife makes gnocchi with potatoes and pumpkin with a souce of crabes, whisky, tomatoes and something else I'm forgetting... why in Ireland none makes the same?
    Io non lampeggio per comunicare la presenza di posti di blocco.

Caporale L'avatar di BLUEANGEL2009

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Zoppo Visualizza Messaggio
    I passed one month too in Dublin but I learned nothing because in August, the 95% of habitants came from Italy and Spain, my motherthongs.
    On the otherside, during a month, I ate just boiled potatoes and steamed rice. Any meat, fish or wine. Ok, I can understand they don't know what pasta al forno is, especially if with small peaces of liver, boiled eggs, mushrooms, meat souce and small pieces of smoked scamorza, ok, don't worry, but why only potatoes? Why never fish? At the end it is an island! Why I never ate a nice atlantic merluzzo (cod if I'm not wrong) steamed in the hoven with garlic, pachino's tomatoes, algs, musles and safran? Why I never ate a fatty fish on the grill? A fish-soup? Why only boiled potatoes? OK they have a lot of potatoes and we must eat them, ok, but why only boiled and never turned in gnocchi al pesto, or into the hoven with porcini, or fried with eggs like into a Spanish tortilla, or fried and covered of jamòn serrano? Why only boiled potatoes? Look, my wife makes gnocchi with potatoes and pumpkin with a souce of crabes, whisky, tomatoes and something else I'm forgetting... why in Ireland none makes the same?

I'm afraid you were unlucky in your trip...depending on where you go, you find much better cooking. p.s. mothertongue speakers is far more correct unless you want thongs to give to your mum, lol
    Col cuore, sempre.
    Ubi maior minor cessat.
    Domani e' un altro giorno.
    FLUCTUAT NEC MERGITUR

Soldato L'avatar di Cabrina

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da bradipo37 Visualizza Messaggio
    hi everybody.
    i am so happy for this new section, i find it very useful and interesting to open our mind and discuss on many topics from an another point of view. i want read many opinions about the title that i have decided to post here.
    see you soon!

PS: this area would be so useful for my english becoming less "maccheronico"!!!

Scientific studies have found that speaking 2 or more languages is a great skill to achieve for cognitive process because the brains of bilingual people work differently than monolingual speakers and that can really make the difference in professional and personal life. Many advantages are visible in those who are bilinguals from birth but also people who begin language study in their adulthood can achieve the same mental benefits.
    So, speaking a foreign language REGULARLY (I'm not crying lol), improves the operative capability of your brain by challenging it to recognise, negotiate and finally improving the problem-solving skill (very useful in military life ...that's what I'm in love with foreign languages <3
    Ultima modifica di Cabrina; 21-04-17 alle 20: 12

Pagina 3 di 3 PrimaPrima 123

Segnalibri

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •