Pagina 1 di 2 12 UltimaUltima
Risultati da 1 a 10 di 13

Discussione: South Korea threatens retaliation

Responsabile di sezione (International Area) L'avatar di Bertie&Jeeves
    Localitą
    Parma

Predefinito South Korea threatens retaliation

Are we heading toward a second Korean War?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapc...ex.html?hpt=C1
    I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well.
    -Robert Benchley

The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and the will to carry on.
    -Walter Lippmann

La dignitą non consiste nel possedere onori, ma nella coscienza di meritarli.
    -Aristotele

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Bertie&Jeeves Visualizza Messaggio
    Are we heading toward a second Korean War?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapc...ex.html?hpt=C1
    maybe they were just "trying" out their weapons ...and aw it is the only thing they can do as that kind of Government is a real Dictatorship blind to any free life action.

I don't think they really want a war... have they got many alliances? And if they have, would it be economically and politically positive for them?

I am a complete ignorant in war policies or strategies so I write just what comes into my mind at the first sight...
    Est modus in rebus.

Predefinito

Ultima modifica di capt.sparrow; 24-10-11 alle 18: 24

Responsabile di sezione (International Area) L'avatar di Bertie&Jeeves
    Localitą
    Parma

Predefinito

This is true, in fact the Korean war still is going on, in a certain sense, even with all the relaxations following the end of the Cold War. Realxation that is, as we can see, very weak and fragile.
    Some analysts -both Korean and foreigner- have argued that this bombardment is a result of the power struggle that is taking place inside the upper Nort Korean political system, regarding the succession of Kim Yong Il. The artillery base was infact visited by him a few hours before the strike, according to the South Korean Intelligence Agency.
    I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well.
    -Robert Benchley

The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and the will to carry on.
    -Walter Lippmann

La dignitą non consiste nel possedere onori, ma nella coscienza di meritarli.
    -Aristotele

Soldato L'avatar di MAIEMI
    Localitą
    Rimini (RN)

Predefinito

In theory, the Korean war never ended ....
    This may be true but something says to me that nothing will happen this time, too.
    The political, social and economical ripercussions would be too heavy and drastic fro everyone. The US and the ROK are not worried about fighting and winning a war. They have been waiting and updating their plans for a war for mor than half a century, now, and their technological and military superiority is evident. In case of a war, China would never support North Korea; they would never sacrifice their huge economical interests with the West for an ally that becomes more and more embarassing as time goes on. And even though it would be difficult,that's not the hardest part of the whole situation.
    In reality, the US and South Korea are worried about the post-war ... about healing and feeding an extremely poor, weak, sick and hungry population that has been starving for the last decades and now more than ever (while with North Korean borders closed the US can pretend that the North Korean humanitarian situation is none of their business). Doing that, together with rebuilding a country, would be an extremely hard punch for a world economy that is still struggling with the global economic crisis and (in the West) recession. The US don't want this war because they can't afford facing the post-war.

Otherwise, why don't the South Korean react? They never reacted! They didn't do that even when their government cabinet was exterminated by the North back in the '80s (or 70's, I don't remember) or when, more recently, a South Korean ship was sunk by a North Korean torpedo with the killing of dozens of men. If they didn't react in those occasion, I'm pretty sure they won't risk a total war for some artillery shells on an island and the death of an handful of people, if though there are civilians. That may look cynical but I'm afraid that's what
    Ultima modifica di MAIEMI; 25-11-10 alle 21: 58

Maresciallo L'avatar di Raiden

Predefinito

Tension between the two Koreas had already reached high peaks before, for example when it was discovered that N. koreans were developing intercontinental ballistic missiles (Nodong and Taepodong) and nuclear facilities.
    In my opinion, no one really wants a war. Japan and South Korea would be the first targets if major fightings started. China, the only great ally of NK, is looking for a complete integration in the world market, more than a conflict that would heavily damage relations with the western countries. And North Korean leaders, despite their insane policy of nationalist militarism, should be aware that their country has actually no chances to win (or even to survive) a war fighting on its own.
    Therefore, I expect that it all will end with another -more or less official- truce. Time will tell.
    Volo, su campi di riso..volo, la morte č un sorriso...volo, su ogni sospiro...volo, son vecchio o bambino..

Maresciallo L'avatar di Homer

Predefinito

It 's a very strange situation.
    I hope we can resolve both civilly and as quickly as possible.
    ATTUALE SOCCORRITORE VOLONTARIO 118 EMERGENZA SANITARIA

Predefinito

Ultima modifica di capt.sparrow; 24-10-11 alle 18: 24

Maresciallo L'avatar di Homer

Predefinito

Yes this is true.
    But I find it rather strange to get to declare a real war, especially in a time of grave economic crisis like this.
    ATTUALE SOCCORRITORE VOLONTARIO 118 EMERGENZA SANITARIA

quantico

Predefinito

The Korean War Veterans Memorial, site in Washington DC, could suggest that a new War is not a solution. Over 50.000 soldiers lost their lives and over 100.000 were wounded from 1950 to 1953.

Moreover, which Nato Country, in addition to USA and South Korea, could support a new third front?

Pagina 1 di 2 12 UltimaUltima

Segnalibri

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •